The history of a family company with a global presence
There is no power on earth like the right technology implemented at the right time. You cannot stem the tide of progress.
Our company history began with porcelain, which still provides an important basis for our polishing media product line. In 1933, Richard Stephan Rösler founded a porcelain company in Dessendorf/Sudetenland, He rebuilt the company in 1948, after the end of the war, in Tettau - Schauberg/Upper Franconia. The first polishing medias were created from production scrap: broken pieces of beer bottle tops, pharmaceutical porcelain, and technical ceramics.
In 1958, the family acquired the Alboth & Kaiser porcelain factory in Staffelstein - Hausen, where Richard Stephan"s son, Roland Rösler, built up a production branch dedicated to polishing media. In 1974, he began to develop and produce vibratory finishing systems and compounds.
A few years later, vibratory finishing was booming. Successful sales of polishing media and equipment led to further expansion and the relocation of mechanical engineering from Hausen to Untermerzbach in 1980.
In 1991, Rösler became an international company. With the purchase of the Rotofinish - Group we gained subsidiaries in France, Great Britain, Italy, the Netherlands, and Spain.
In 1995, Stephan Rösler, representing the third generation, took the helm and continued with the expansion of the company.
In 1997/1998, the entire company was certified according to DIN EN 14001 and according to DIN EN 9001 standards.
In 1998, the company entered the shotblasting field with the purchase of Hunziker Industriestrahltechnik/Switzerland.
In 1998/1999, the shotblasting technology was expanded at the Untermerzbach site with a 2nd testing center.
In 2000/2001, mechanical engineering, administration, and customer service were expanded in Untermerzbach.
By 2001, additional subsidiaries were also opened in Austria, Switzerland, Singapore, Brazil, South Africa, and the USA.
2004 the strategic alignment of the Rösler-Group was extended with the integration of Vapor Blast (specialist for aerospace applications) and Köhne GmbH (complete preservation lines).
2006 new building of an additional shotblasting assembly hall in Untermerzbach.
Rösler acquires the shotblasting manufacturer JetwheelBlast USA.
Aquisition of the shotblasting manufacturer Baiker Maschinenbau AG, Switzerland.
2007 Acquisition of the shotblasting manufacturer Baiker Maschinenbau AG, Switzerland.
Investment of 12 Mio. EUR in buildings and equipment for shot blasting at Untermerzbach site.
Acquisation of Reni Cirillo S.p.A., an acknowledged Italian manufacturer of vibratory finishing systems.
2008 New office buildings and a hall at Untermerzbach site and follow-up actions as another laser cutting or machine tools. Investment volume of € 6 million. Establishment of Rosler SurfaceTech Private Limited, India.
2011 Acquisition of Rutten Wheels, Belgium, a world leader for over 20 years in the area of Long Life Shotblasting Turbines. Investment of 7 million US$ at Battle Creek USA facility. 11,000 m2 building expansion for laser cutting, steel fabrication, CNC operation, equipment assembly and administrative offices.
2012 Completion of two new building extensions and additional fully automatic high-bay warehouse with loading yard at headquarters Untermerzbach. Rösler invests 8,5 million € into the manufacturing location in Germany. Moreover, expansion of the Indian branch by a new shotblasting and vibratory finishing production site in Pune, Maharashtra.
Today, the Rösler - Group employs 1500 people worldwide, including 987 in Germany. Our distribution network is supported by 15 branches and over 60 worldwide representatives.
In spite of our size, we are still a family company and plan to remain so in the future.